Started in 2011, the Mcash Virtual Wallet was created to address the issues that were inherent within the financial sector in Sub-Saharan Africa where distance to financial institutions was one of the reasons more than 35% of the population didn't have bank accounts.
The Mcash wallet seeks to bridge the unbanked to banks giving users the opportunity to access formal financial services that were previously inaccessible to some.
Keeping with the vision of accessibility for all, our wallet is Mobile Network Independent, meaning the Mcash client can be on any mobile network and still have an account.
Your Mcash account does not require a mobile phone and is accessible through a variety of methods including fingerprint biometrics, phone number, Debit Card, Web access, and through the Mcash Android application.
The Mcash Digital wallet applies a 2-factor authentication system for secure access to your account.
Our Virtual Wallet is adaptable in closed communities like refugee camps, agriculture value chains, schools. Access to wallet account locally and internationally, with credit scoring capability, financial history tracking and real time transactions
Services provided include cash-in, cash-out, money transfers, utility and school fees payments, savings, and loans. Additional services have been added lately including seamless integration with SACCOs, ATM withdrawals and mobile money transfers to and from telecommunication operators.
The Mcash account has been developed so that all people whatever their geographic location, literacy or income level will be able to conveniently use this account, making it a truly universal product.
- Send and receive money
- Save your money
- Deposit money onto your account at any Mcash agent point
- Buy airtime of any network (Airtel, MTN, UTL)
- Pay your bills; you can pay your UMEME electricity bill, NWSC water bill, and renew your TV subscriptions (DSTV, GOTV, AZAM, STARTIMES, ZUKU)
- Pay your employees instantly
- Deposit money onto your ordinary bank account regardless the bank
- Pay your green fees and bills at the Uganda Golf Club.
- Pay school fees for your child and / or send them upkeep (money) while they are at school.
- Apply for a loan
- Seamless integration with SACCOs,
- ATM withdrawals and Mobile Money transfers to & from telecommunication operators
Follow these 3 simple steps to get your own Mcash Digital Wallet: